Whether you're strolling on the beach or have a beachy celebration planned, these summertime earrings are pretty and easy peasy to work up. For a beach wedding, they can serve as "something blue" too!
Beach Wedding Earrings
By Jennifer Dickerson
Click the button below to add this project to your Ravelry queue:
- Crochet thread (thread shown is Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Thread)
- B (2.25 mm) crochet hook
- 24 small glass beads, plus a few extra for good measure
- 2 jump rings
- Small needle for threading beads (I used a cross stitch needle)
- Tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
- Needle nose pliers (optional if you need help opening jump rings)
- Earring medallion with beads measures about 1 inch across
Before you begin string 12 (plus a few extra) beads onto the thread with a needle. Push beads back a bit and you're ready to crochet.
Ch 6 and join with a sl st in furthest ch from the hook to form a ring. (If you prefer magic ring, feel free to use this method instead)
Round 1: Ch 3, then work 11 dc into the center of the ring, join to close round with a sl st.
Round 2: Ch 1, then a sc in first st. Work 2 sc in each st around circle, incorporating a bead into the second sc of each group. Join to close round with a sl st and fasten off. Note: to keep beads in the front of work pop them to the front as you work each sc with bead.
Weave in ends and proceed to "Finishing & Assembly" section below.
Finishing & Assembly:
Add a jump ring to top edge of medallion and attach a french hook to jump ring. Repeat instructions to make second earring. Happy crocheting lovelies!
Get supplies for this project here!