(This is a gift I made here)
When I make a gift, I make sure to include a tag on it to let the recipient know a few things:
- That they are special and I took the time to make something especially for them.
- That the item is in fact handmade and not store bought.
- How to take care of their gift.
(Pattern for these trivets here)
Many times (but not always) when making something for someone, I will knit or crochet it in easy care yarn, because many people like easy care things, especially things that will get washed a lot (babies and kids!)
(Pattern for this scarf here)
Here's all you need:
- Some pretty paper (I used watercolor paper in all examples shown)
- A stamp or pen (you can stamp your sentiment or write it)
- The yarn label or band used for the project (always save these!)
- A hole punch
- Beautiful ribbon that matches or coordinates with the project
To make your tags:
- Write or stamp your sentiment on paper and trip in to desired tag shape.
- Neatly trim the care instructions from the yarn band.
- Punch a hole in both.
- Secure with a beautiful ribbon
Note: If you've lost the yarn band (been there!), just look up the yarn information online and hand write it on the back of the tag.
All done...easy and pretty!!
I use tags for charity projects too!