The blanket stitch heart scarf is a cozy and fun scarf that makes a great and quick little gift. A pretty fleece heart applique and blanket stitch edging dress up this simple scarf. Would be just as pretty with a different shape or even the recipient's initial too!
- 1 piece of fleece cut for a scarf (scarf shown is 72 inches long and 10 inches wide)
- 1 piece of scrap fleece for the heart
- Embroidery Floss
- Needle (I used a size 26 cross stitch/tapestry needle. Regular sewing needles have a very small eye, the cross stitch needle is a bit larger to accommodate the floss)
- Cut the fleece to the measurement that you like (measurements above are perfect for an adult or teen, make it a bit shorter for kids. Be sure to cut off any selvage.
- Cut the fleece into the shape you want; heart star, recipient's initial, etc.
- Cut a length of embroidery floss and thread it on the needle with a tail.
- Attach the heart to the scarf using blanket stitch (click on link above to learn how).
- Finish off the scarf with a blanket stitch edge.