Here's what you'll need:
- Small amounts of yarn (just a few yards or so)
- Crochet hook (I used an H hook, see which hook is recommended for your particular yarn by checking out the yarn label)
- Tapestry needle (for weaving in ends)
To make a bow, start with a chain:
- For a smaller, less loopy bow, chain 30.
- For a larger, more loopy bow (like the red one), chain 50.
Making the bow is super simple! Just make a small loop...don't make the loops too big or it will be floppy and saggy looking. Smaller loops are a little sturdier and "fluffy" looking.
Make a second loop. It will kind of look like a figure 8.
Now keep repeating until you have several figure eights...I got about 4 on each side with 30 chains long. For the red bow that is 50 chains long, I got about 5 loops on each side. With a length of yarn about 10-12 inches long, tie the loops in the middle, making sure you tie it as tightly as you can.
Now you can secure it to a gift! You can use the tails to tie it on or you can snip the tails short and just tape it right on...cute!
Here I paired up a smaller bow and larger bow,