The Little Pink Purse is a perfect accessory for any girl who loves pink and allows little ones to tote all of their treasures around. Big girls love it too! Purse is quickly and easily made by sandwiching two granny squares together and finished off with a fun and frilly edge with a matching strap. A liner can be added later if desired.
Little Pink Purse
By Jennifer Dickerson
- Worsted weight yarn (Yarn used for this project is Red Heart Super Saver in "Shocking Pink" and Lion Brand Vanna's Choice in "Pink Poodle")
- H (5.0 mm) Crochet Hook
- Tapestry Needle
- Purse shown is about 5.5 inches wide and 5.5 inches tall. Strap is 1 inch wide and can be made any length you'd like.
Instructions for front and back of purse:
The purse is the same, front and back. Each round switches colors, beginning with the lighter pink yarn.
(Click here for a granny square photo tutorial)
Granny Square (Make 2):
Chain 4, join into a ring with a slip stitch.
Round 1: Chain 4, work (3 dc into center of ring, chain 1) 3 times, then 2 dc into center of ring. Join to close with a slip stitch.
Round 2: To work the corner of round 2, first chain 4, then 2 dc in same space, then chain 1, then 3 dc in the same space. Chain 1, then work the next corner by working 3 dc in next space, chain 1, then 3 dc in same space, chain 1, repeat two more times to complete the round.
Round 3: Work the corner in the same manner as the previous round: chain 4, 2 dc in same space, chain 1, 3 dc in same space, chain 1. To work the sides, simply work 3 dc in the next space then chain 1...repeat until you reach a corner again.
Round 4: Repeat round 3 once more for a total of 4 rounds.
A note about making multicolored rounds:
To begin a new round in the same color, simply slip stitch until you reach a ch1 at the corner and begin the new round.
To begin a new round in a new/different color, cut yarn, leaving a tail, and fasten it with a slip stitch. Join the new yarn at one of the corners as shown and tie securely. Continue to the next round.
Instructions For Strap:
Make a chain as long as you'd like for your strap to be. Be sure to account for any extra stretch of the strap when measuring. In the second ch from the hook, work one sc. Work a sc in each ch until the end. Ch 1 and turn. Work a sc in the first st and in each st across. Ch 1, turn and work one more row of sc across.
Ch 2 and turn. Work a sc in the first st, skip the next stitch. In the next stitch, work (sc, ch 2, sc) all in the same stitch. *Work a slip stitch in the next stitch, skip the next stitch, then work (sc, ch 2, sc) in the next stitch. Repeat from the * until you reach the end of the strap. Fasten off and weave in ends.
Assembly & Finishing:
- Stack granny squares with both squares facing outward. Fasten yarn with next round color in the upper left hand corner. Working in both loops of both squares (four loops total), work a single crochet in each stitch of both squares all the way around to the upper right hand corner. Leave top part open.
- To add the ruffle edge, ch 2 and turn. Work a sc in the first st, skip the next stitch. In the next stitch, work (sc, ch 2, sc) all in the same stitch. *Work a slip stitch in the next stitch, skip the next stitch, then work (sc, ch 2, sc) in the next stitch. Repeat from the * until you reach the upper right corner. Fasten off.
- Sew strap securely to pouch.
- Weave in any ends left...all done!
© Jennifer Dickerson 2013
Please note: Patterns are for personal and charity use only. In addition, if you enjoy the pattern, please link to it, but do not copy the pattern to your own website or blog (including other languages). Thank you!