If you're looking for a simple and pretty way to decorate your space, here is a fun project to show off your handiwork! I love the clean lines and simplicity of this piece. Using easily found materials and a special motif, you can create a one of a kind piece of art.
Here's what you'll need:
- Crochet thread (thread shown is Aunt Lydia's Bamboo Crochet Thread)
- Recommended hook size for your thread (I used a "B" hook for the motif shown)
- Pretty paper(s) of your choice, handmade paper, watercolor paper, and origami papers are especially lovely when framed.
- Double sided tape
- Photo frame (frame shown is an inexpensive 5"X7" wood frame, choose the most appropriate size for your particular motif). I chose a frame that you can hang or sit on a table...great if you're not sure where you want it to be placed right away.
How to Make Bamboo Lace Wall Art:
- Begin by crocheting the Bamboo Lace Motif (follow the link to go directly to the written pattern)
- If needed, block the motif...I was able to get mine nice and straight with sharper points when I blocked mine, watch the blocking video here:
- Take apart the photo frame and clean the glass to remove dust (frames purchased at stores are usually pretty dusty)
- Layer your papers as shown or experiment on your own...get creative!
- Position everything as desired and adhere the layers with double sided tape.
- Put the frame back together and flip it over to double check the front to make sure everything looks as it should.
- You're ready to hang!