The Shimmering Lariat Necklace is lightning fast and a pretty little accessory for all seasons. It can be dressed up or down and only requires a few simple materials.
Shimmering Lariat Necklace
By Jennifer Dickerson
Click on the button below to add this project to your Ravelry queue:
- Narrow Satin Ribbon (ribbon shown here is 1/8 inch wide)
- Crochet Thread (I used Aunt Lydia's bamboo thread)
- Beads (I used glass and crystal, about 60)
- B (2.25 mm) crochet hook
- small needle (large enough to get the crochet thread into the eye of the needle, but small enough to pass through each bead...I used a cross stitch needle and it was the perfect size)
- You can make you necklace any length, necklace pictured is about 40 inches long (before tying the knot)
- Thread all beads onto crochet thread. Decide how much space you'd like between your beads. Necklace shown has a bead on every 5th chain, so I chained 5, then added the first bead, then repeat to desired length.
- Fasten off leaving a long tail. Add 6 or so beads to each tail for beaded tassel look and fasten off with a knot.
- Cut a piece of ribbon the same length.
- Wrap around neck and tie into a knot. Be sure you can slip necklace over the head to take it off. All finished!
Click below to watch a full video tutorial too!
Happy crocheting lovelies!
For more fun projects and pretty patterns, be sure to follow Fiber Flux on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for the latest updates!