Keep that tablecloth from blowing around outside with these easy to crochet tablecloth weights! Made from any yarn you already have on hand and simple items from the hardware store, you'll keep your tablecloth neat and in place for effortless outdoor dining. Perfect for camping and parties too!
Need a little help? There's a full video tutorial below too!
Crochet Tablecloth Weights
By Jennifer Dickerson
Click below to watch a full video tutorial on how to make this project:
- 5.0 mm "H" crochet hook
- Yarn of your choice (I used Lily Sugar 'n Creme from Yarnspirations in "Psychedelic")
- Large metal washers
- Tapestry Needle
(Depends on the size washer you have)
- 2 inches wide
Abbreviations and Tutorial Links:
Tie a knot onto a washer.
Round 1: Ch 1, then work a series of single crochets into the center of the washer, sliding stitches over until no metal is exposed in between stitches. Continue around the entire washer until it is completely covered. See below for several ways to hang your weights.
4 ways to attach your weights to the tablecloth (both permanent and temporary):
- Sew the washer to each corner edge or on the back of each corner (permanent)
- Poke a small hole in the tablecloth then work a slip stitch into the tablecloth before fastening off (permanent)
- Clip weights onto tablecloth with binder clips, chip clips, or curtain hook clips (temporary)
- Hot glue weights onto each corner...use with caution on a vinyl tablecloth, may melt it! (permanent)
© Jennifer Dickerson 2017
For more fun projects and pretty patterns, be sure to follow Fiber Flux on Google+, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest for the latest updates!